Saturday, August 29, 2009

Little girls growing up



Hello all...
Here's a little snidbit into the girls growing up.
Kadence is "reading" her latest favorite book here "Goodnight Moon".
I thought I'd translate what she's saying. : )

"Goodnight jumping over...
Goodnight light and red balloon
Goodnight bears, goodnight chairs
Goodnight mittens...
Goodnight clocks, goodnight socks
Goodnight house, goodnight mouse"

We love it when she reads like this!!

Kya just had her first swimming lesson! We have a friend who is another missionary in a city called Durres that's about 45 minutes away. She is trained to give lessons and was so kind to volunteer her services. There is an open pool there, but it does cost money, so we don't know how often we'll do it. It was the first time we went to a pool here in Albania. So so nice. Here's a few short videos of our time there.











And at last, her reward for her cooperation - ice cream (as she yells)! : )

We had fast food afterwards and I ordered a "hamburger". I'm sure you're asking the same thing I did. Where's the meat? It's in there. It's just about a 2 1/2 inch skinny circle. It's hiding under the fries, cucumber and tomato.

Until next time, wonderful friends and family...

3 comments:

Rachel said...

How adorable seeing Kadence reading Good Night Moon, our girls love that book, too! at first I thought it was Kya.......I miss you guys so much! love to you and yours......

Anonymous said...

That pool is so neat, I never would've expected to see something like that in Albania.

I'm praying for you guys! Thanks for being such awesome representations of Jesus.

Mike Jones said...

Thanks for sharing the videos! Luke and Lauren also read that book at that age, brings back good memories! I hope you had a blessed time at the missionary conference recently - the one that Lori and Ann Marie went to - I think they said you were planning on being there. God bless,

Mike and Maggie Jones, Luke and Lauren